Thursday, February 14, 2008

Highlight of the Week

Every week, I have decided to post up a video of a highlight that I can recall from memory with a brief description as to it’s significance.

In the spirit of the new direction the Miami Heat are undeniably going in, I have decided that the first clip should be one that is permanently engraved in my mind.

Those who know me know that I am the biggest Jason Williams hater on this planet. The guy can’t shoot, he makes bad decisions with the ball and he makes wayyyyyyyyyy to much money. WAYY too much. (He’s making 8,937,500 this year, thankfully his last) His salary makes him the third highest paid player on the Heat’s roster.

Many may argue with me that Jason Williams was once a great player. I will argue strongly that no, he was never a great player. When Chris Webber in his prime was on his team, he sure gave off the impression that he may be a decent point guard, anyone would.

He’s always been about flash. All about flash. Flashy Jason Williams. Looking to shock and awe.

This one pass, though, does just that. The first time I saw it on Sportscenter long ago I remember going outside a few minutes later and trying it. To my delight, it wasn’t that difficult… when you are standing in the middle of the street by yourself. Watch and enjoy:



video thanks to user jesse9999999 on youtube.

1 comment:

MagicPanda said...

The entire 1999 Rookie of the Year race seems ridiculous when you consider Vince Carter and Jason Williams both became two of the league's stains. Those guys were actually being lauded as the future of the league.