Monday, February 4, 2008

America's Champions

This game allowed the Patriots to show everybody exactly the type of team they are.

After the game, Giants WR Amani Toomer said that Pats DB Rodney Harrison was telling him to "get ready to go home" and inviting the players to after parties.

Coach Bill Belichick did not go to the center to congratulate Tom Coughlin like a normal person after the game was over. He gave him this awkward shoulder-touch thing then he immediately walked to the locker room.

It's that type of disgusting disrespect for sportsmanship that exemplifies who the New England Patriots are.

When they were on their glorious quest to perfection there were no early exits by any opposing coaches. The half-hearted effort to acknowledge Tom Coughlin shows how childish a grown man can be. Classless.

After the game, when Michael Strahan stepped up to the podium to speak, he said "We watch alot of TV and we heard someone say that playing them the first time gave us a false sense of confidence. NO! It gave us confidence, and my boys are the best in the world!"

They sure are. The New England Patriots are not World Champions and will not be remembered forever for completing a perfect season. There are indeed football gods and they do listen.

The following clip is of the game winning drive constructed by Eli Manning at the end of the game, it includes what is in my opinion the greatest play in NFL history and is filmed from the point of view of a Giants fan present at the game.

The Pats fans at the beginning act like the children they are and are left to react to something they never have seen before.

Enjoy, it gave me goosebumps:



Video courtesy of user zennie62 on YouTube.

2 comments:

TNLogan said...

I loved it! You're absolutely right, we got to see the true side of the Pats. I'm a Bucs fan myself, so I wasn't terribly partial, but I was hoping the Giants pulled it off. It just goes to show one more time, this really has been the year of the underdog in football.

Marguerita said...

The upset was AMAZING!! I was happy that NY won because its something about the Pats that is not true and just unrespectable. I saw the false hand shake and the early departure from the field. I laugh because the cheating they got caught and did throughout this season and the others have come back to bit them in the behinds. All I have to say is Karma.